Thursday, February 6, 2020

My Teaching Philosophy in Practice

My Teaching Philosophy in Practice

I am very passionate about teaching because it fulfills my inner need to give back to my society what I have learned. Also, it is one of the most effective ways to master a certain topic. Therefore, when I prepare a class for teaching, I try my best to thoroughly understand the class topics in order to be able to answer my students’ questions.

When I teach a computer science class, I usually have three different goals.
  • First, I want to make sure that students understand the fundamental concepts I am explaining. For this usually prepare different examples and discussion scenarios that challenge their understanding and make sure those students not only understand the examples but also the concepts behind these examples.
  • Second goal is to make sure that they can apply their understanding of these fundamental concepts on other examples. I usually prepare assignments and applications that require students to use what they learned in both direct and innovative ways to make sure that they understand different concepts thoroughly.
  • Third, students should be able to apply what they learn to real-life situations. For that, I usually prepare additional slides, real-life use cases, and hold discussions.
At RBMI Greater Noida, the teaching and learning are based on rigorous discussions on applied aspects besides the theoretical knowledge.
 
Anuj Kumar Raghav
Assistant Professor
Department of Information Technology
RBMI Greater Noida
http://www.rbmign.org

No comments:

Post a Comment